The Moose could help pay your
child’s college education! How? Enter your High School Junior (Graduating Class of 2019)
for a chance to win a $5,000 scholarship with the new Moose
“Heart of the Community” Scholarship Program. There is no better way to help the youth of the Fraternity than to offer them the opportunity
to further their education, and that is exactly what the Moose “Heart of the Community”
Scholarship is all about. The following requirements must be met in order to be eligible
for the Moose “Heart of the Community” Scholarship Program.
The applicant must:
- Be a student of the high school graduating Class of 2019 (to be verified by a high school official.)
- Have a father, mother, step-parent, grandparent or legal guardian who is a current member of the Moose in good standing (Applicant is NOT required to reside in the same household).
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale or equivalent (proof must be provided via a copy of high school transcript or most recent report card.)
- The applicant must also have participated in:
- In-School / Extra-Curricular activities (i.e. school sports teams, band, chess club, theater, etc.) To satisfy this requirement a school official must verify this by completing their section of the application.
- Out-of-School activities (i.e. employment, scouting programs, music lessons, non-school related sports) To satisfy this requirement Moose International must receive a letter or email from the student’s supervising adult (boss, troop leader, etc.) no later than June 30, 2018. The letter should include: 1) The name, title, email, and phone number of the supervising adult; 2) Details of the student’s participation; 3) The type of activities they engaged in; and, 4) The dates/date range of their participation.
- Volunteer on behalf of a fraternal unit of the Moose (to be verified by Lodge Administrator, Chapter Recorder or Moose Legion Secretary on the application or by email, fax or U.S. mail.)
If any of these requirements are NOT met the applicant will NOT be eligible for any drawing.
Applications may be faxed to (630) 966-2225 or mailed to: The Moose “Heart of the Community” Scholarship Program Attn: Brian Schimek, 155 S. International Drive, Mooseheart, IL 60539-1172. Faxed applications must be received by June 30, 2018. Mailed applications must be postmarked on or before June 30, 2018. Application must be completed in its entirety to be valid.
Winners are randomly drawn and will be notified by November 17, 2018. Scholarship checks will be mailed directly to the college of their choice. Questions on the Moose “Heart of the Community” Scholarship Program can be directed to Brian Schimek at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (630)-966-2257.